Jagua designs can last 2-3 weeks after application with proper aftercare. They are great for testing out tattoo designs without having to commit to a permanent tattoo!
Please exercise caution if you have sensitive skin or any fruit allergies. We recommend patch testing prior to application if you are prone to allergic reactions or many have sensitivities. Our Jagua gel is made with fresh Jagua Ink, organic essential oils & a natural, food grade thickener.
There are no additives, chemicals or preservatives in our Jagua Gel.
The First Day
- Secure all clothing & jewelry away from the area to be tattooed and clean the skin with rubbing alcohol.
- If using a stencil or transfer, apply it to the skin once the alcohol has dried.
- Jagua gel can be applied freehand on the skin with a cone, bottle applicator or brush. Be sure to clean up any mistakes immediately with rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.
- Once applied it will take approximately 30 minutes for the gel to dry.
- You may seal the design with medical grade tape to keep the gel in place. While this is optional and is not required, it is an added layer of protection for your tattoo.
- We recommend keeping the Jagua gel on for 2-6 hours, peel the gel off and then wash the area with warm running water and soap. This is essential to prevent the Jagua from transferring to other parts of the body or clothing.
- Do not sleep with the Jagua gel on.
Unless you like colorful hands, wearing nitrile gloves during application is highly recommended!
After Jagual gel removal the design will be a light grey/green. This is normal. Jagua takes 12-36 hours for the stain to develop into a deep bluish-black stain.
For proper stain development we recommend avoiding abrasive scrubbing or exfoliating on the tattooed area.
For best stain results and longevity of your tattoo please follow these helpful tips:
- Apply coconut oil before & after any type of water exposure.
- Apply sunblock before tanning.
- Avoid rubbing, scratching or scrubbing over your tattoo.
- Avoid or minimize exposure to saunas, steam rooms, chlorine & salt water. These will cause the ink to fade.
- Apply a thin layer of anti-perspirant over your tattoo before any activity that may cause excessive sweating.
- Be sure to keep your skin moisturized and your body hydrated.
- Avoid contact with very hot water.
Jagua gel can be safely stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Jagua is a perishable item.
Do not leave it at room temperature or in the fridge for any extended period of time.
Be sure to keep it frozen when not in use.
To Use: thaw the cones for 30 minutes on the counter. Re-freeze any unused Jagua immediately.
Jagua can be thawed & re-frozen multiple times.